Dryer vent cleaning is an important part of appliance maintenance, this procedure should be done at least once a year. Failure to clean dryer vents may cause lint build-up in the exhuast duct. This clogging restricts air flow, and heat can not escape. This is a potentail fire hazard, because the lint is perfect fuel for a fire and all that heat from your dryer could cause that fire!
Fact: 15,000 clothes dryer fires happen annually; the majority of them are caused by lint build-up in the dryer's exhaust duct.
Cleaning the lint screen between loads of laundry is good every-day maintenance to help the dryer work efficiently. But be aware that the lint screen only traps
about 60% of the lint the other 40% escapes and ends up in your dryer vent.
To remove lint build-up we use a HEPA filteration unit, which pulls 24,000cubic feet of air per minute. This will safelty remove nearly all the lint trapped in your exahuast ducts while reducing the potentail fire hazard and making your dryer work more efficeintly. (click on image to enlarge)